Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Belongings I Wish For

Thank goodness for Jamie Ridler!  If it were not for her Wishcasting Wednesday Challenges, I might not be blogging at all!

Today she asks "What belongings do you wish for? (remember when you were a kid and you allowed yourself to wish for things?  Let yourself do that today!)

Well, I just happen to love lists and usually have many on handy regarding any number of things, including, yes you may have guessed, belongings that I wish for!!

In fact, on my fridge, as part of a vision board exercise, I have three mini posters.
They are titled "Do", "Be", and "Have".  The "Have" poster consists of belongings and other "things" I'd like to have that are not actually belongings such as a neat and tidy home, a tribe of supportive friends and well manicured fingernails!!

So I decided to adapt my "Have" list into a "Belongings I Wish For" list.
Then I took a picture of it.



It's kinda hard to read here so here is the list:
  • Bookshelves (so books can live there instead of in boxes!)
  • New Pillows
  • The perfect Hall Tree (to cut down clutter in the hallway)
  • Bee's Wax Candles aplenty! (love the smell of these)
  • A radio for my kitchen (instead of streaming from my laptop which is using up precious bandwidth)
  • Wall hooks (for sweaters, jackets, bags and purses)
  • A Ukelele, just because
  • More Artwork (to decorate our walls)
  • New Lamps for the bedroom
  • a Lamp above the island in the kitchen
  • Futon Frame for our Spare Oom (so guests will have a place to sleep)
  • Fluffy New Bath Sheets (you know, really big bath towels!)
  • Fine Wines!!
  • Shelving for all my teaching supplies (for ease of orginization) 
Just a few things that I wish for.

In visiting other participating blogs,
I tried to see if there was any common thread in our wishes.
The result?
Many people are wishing for new beds or mattresses or pillows
Here's to a good night's sleep!

What belongings do you wish for?

11 comments:

Tracy Moore said...

What a cool list! I love the Ukelele just because. *smile* As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

Jenni at Mamahhh.com said...

I'm a sucker for "organizing" belongings, too! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you xoxox

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Great list. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Lilyweeds at Augusta Kent Studio said...

Great list! As Carrie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. ~diana

Morghán said...

What a great list, that picture looks so nice! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

Mujer Luna said...

I love the Ukelele! :) as you wish for yourself so do I wish for you too! x

Wild Soul Woman said...

As you wish for yourself Carrie, so I wish for you also.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful way to put your wishes out to the Universe. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

Leanne said...

I love your three vision board idea Carrie - Be, Do, Have - going to try that! I wish all of this for you with love :)

Leanne said...

I love your three vision board idea Carrie - Be, Do, Have - going to try that! I wish all these things for you as you wish them for yourself :)

pauline said...

oh, i so love this list... :-)
I'm happy to hear you say you're gonna work on those good habits! YES!! You got it, girl. 10 minutes at a time is a great start. Enough to get your brain in "habit" mode. That's the key. And if you saw 3 blog posts about habits, chances are, you need to do this.

btw, i love morning pages. Did them for years. Still do them. And i too, sometimes just write for 10 or 15 min. Whatever works for YOU. Have a great week! xoxo