15 Screen-Free Week Observations
- I need to do more to prepare for it next year.
- I wanted to use this week as an experiment for myself in self control.
- I was surprised that my husband joined in. I thought he would resist more.
- It amazed me how many people told me they cannot live without t.v., even for one week.
- I did however talk to more people who thought it was a great idea.
- I spent more time talking with my daughter.
- I danced with my daughter.
- I helped her plan an "Art Party" for her friends at the culmination of Scree-Free Week. And it was a total blast!! More about that later.
- I read The Hunger Games and started reading Catching Fire
- I practiced more yoga.
- I listened to more music.
- I did not however, practice my music... Big Hmmmm.
- I didn't really miss facebook except for my morning chats with my cousin and nearly daily communication with a couple other friends.
- I realised that I definitely wish to spend less time "online" on a regular basis.
- I notice that this is easier said than done so I need a plan!
"Matsu" or Pine Tree Cut Watermelon, prepared by my daughter for her Art Party
Supplies ready for Plasticine art at the Art Party
Any thoughts on being "less plugged-in"?