Thursday, March 29, 2012

Previous Post Update #3

Word for 2012, Commit.  This is my progress on:

Healthy Eating/Menu Planning:

Now here is an area that I have been focusing on. 
If you've been reading, you will see that I have posted menus for the past 4 weeks and I have been trying to make healthier choices while doing so.  
I have also been making an effort to cut down on the potato chips and chocolate snacking!

AND

Strengthening and Maintaining Relationships:


This is a tough one for me. 
We moved to a new town in September of 2011.
We are about 1 ½ hours away from our old town and return there frequently to check on the house that we still own there. 
I have, on a couple of occasions met a friend for tea or lunch, but finding the time to spare and matching up schedules is a challenge. 
However, I have managed to send a few cards, letters and valentines , in my efforts to stay in touch. 
I am also encouraging and assisting my daughter to do the same. 
I moved and changed schools in grade 5 just like her and I know how important it can be to maintain those friendships that she has established since kindergarten.   I didn't and wish that I had.

The internet sure makes this an easier thing to do these days!

How goes your progress on accomplishing things you've commited to or on living your Word for 2012?

No comments: